Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

New Toy.

I realize that it's cliché to say now, but it really is true that when you switch to an LCD monitor you recover desk space you never knew you had. After saving up since July, I've finally bought one and it's pretty amazing--I can actually see my desk now.

I went back and forth a few times, but finally settled on the Samsung 205BW. It's a 20.1 inch widescreen monitor (1690 x 1050 pixels) with a TN panel. The TN panels aren't quite as good at color reproduction as the more expensive S-IPS and P-MVA panels, but they're known for extremely fast response times and good black levels.


I went with the widescreen because you really can see more this way. Sure it displays fewer actual pixels on the screen than my CRT did, but since you can see further to the sides than you can up or down more of the screen is useful. You can have two full sheets of paper next to each other, and playing games is down-right cinematic.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home