Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

You have chosen...wisely.

I picked up my brand new tennis racquet yesterday, the Wilson nCode Six-One 95. It's the successor to Pete Sampras' Pro Staff 6.1, the cousin to the Six-One Tour used by Roger Federer, and just about the polar opposite to the Hammer 6.2 Stretch/Oversize that I've been using since early in high school.
The hammer was a light, head-heavy balanced power racquet, whereas the six-one is a heavier, head-light balanced control, or "player's", racquet. It's also a good deal smaller at only 27" long, with a head size of 95 sq in, compared to 27 3/4" and 110 sq in.


Basically, like Chris with his new Diablo Tour, my goal here was to get a racquet that's better than I am, and that will force me to improve to use it well.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home