Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Checkmate.

I ordered some new checks off of the credit union's website a few weeks ago, but they hadn't arrived yet and I was getting suspicious. The online system may have let me chose the color of my register book, but it never let me confirm that it actually had my current address (nor would it tell me how much the checks would cost). And sure enough, they had shipped the box of checks to our old apartment. You know, the one that we haven't lived in for two years.

Now, to be clear, the credit union has my correct address--and only my correct address--in their system. They just never bothered to tell the check printing company. I guess they just didn't feel the information was relevant.

Luckily, the post office sent the checks to the credit union when the address didn't work, so they were able to shred them for me and order some new ones. What do you want to bet they try to charge me the ten bucks again?

On top of that, the credit union has totally redone their website to make it more 'secure'. It now takes a total of three different authentication screens just to get into your account, and it's even hard to navigate. Apparently, more secure actually means smaller font, vague menu titles, and uglier color schemes.

And we're still waiting to hear about that home loan we applied for...

Is there anyone out there who's actually happy with their bank?
-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home