Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Neighborhood Watch

Ok, maybe I'm the one who's crazy here...but I don't really think so.

A woman, who just moved into town, just came up to our door to ask me about how safe I thought the neighborhood is. A woman came up to a total stranger's door, at midnight, to ask how safe the neighborhood is. What sense does that make? Then, when I said that we're about three blocks from the police station, and we'd never had any problems, she acted all surprised that I didn't invite her in for coffee and a discussion on safety. She was also surprised that we moved in two years ago, and insisted that we just moved in like her.

And this isn't the first time this has happened. A few months ago someone came and rang the bell at about 2:30 am to introduce herself. I'm fairly certain it was a different woman, probably the one that the lady tonight was looking for.

So yes, the neighborhood is very safe, but sometimes strange women will come up and ring your doorbell in the middle of the night if you leave a light on.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home