Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Productive Weekend

Friday: We helped Katie (another vet student) print out some of her wedding invitations on our new printer.

Saturday: Tamara led the day off with getting several thank you gifts/cards from the wedding put together and shipped. I helped, but it was really her getting it done. Don't feel bad if yours wasn't in this batch, though. We're kind of attacking them at random.

I went on to reformat my laptop with the new Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. So far, it's really alot like Panter, but it does feel a bit snappier. Qualitatively, my 800 mhz ibook now feels as or more responsive than my brother's 1 ghz ibook. Plus, as anyone will tell you, Spotlight is wickedly fast. It basically finds what you're looking for before you expect it to start looking. And since it searches inside pdfs, it will certainly be helpful with research. Dashboard is also cool, I'm sure I'll at least use the weather, dictionary (hey, I can't spell) and phonebook widgets a lot. Safari, Mail and Preview all got nice updates, and I need those all the time.

Sunday: I finally went and pulled the lawn mower out of the shed. Our lawn now looks sligthly less ridiculous as at least all of the weeds are more or less the same height. I also fixed my bike's flat tire and cleaned out the inside of the car. And believe it or not, Tamara is actually getting some studying done.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home