Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Physics 212 Review and Exam III

Yesterday I led the review session for the third Physics 212 hour exam (the exam was tonight). Normally, a professor associated with the course would do it, but apparently everyone was out of town. Basically, all I had to do was run through the third hour exam that was given last semester, and yet people seemed to be impressed that I had been asked to do it. Really I assume I was pretty much picked at random from among the TAs, although I guess only Tamara and I have actual public speaking experience.

Anyway, when I got to Lincoln Hall Theater, it had been overrun by an undergrad performance troop called the 'New XXXXXX Players'. They were setting up for a full dress rehersal, but hadn't actually bothered to reserve the theater. Freshmen.

After getting rid of the rebels, er...revels, I discovered that the wireless michrophone for the room was missing, and so I ended up doing two hours of projecting into a fairly full LHT with an already sore throat. On the upside, I hear that I got good reviews.

The exam tonight seemed fairly difficult, at least much more so than the one I worked with them at the review session. Several of my students seemed confident as they left, but the vast majority...didn't. We'll see if anyone actually comes to discussion this week--our last ones.

After the exam I found out that Tamara tripped and fell today, hurting her ankle. She was just getting off of the bus and tripped over her own feet! We made quite a pair going home, I couldn't talk and she couldn't walk.

-Tim

EDIT 08/05/2005 - I removed the name of the troop after I noticed that this post is ranked very highly in a campus Google search for them.

5 Comments:

Blogger kayote said...

Oh no! I hope Tamara's ok. If she needs to be driven somewhere Thursday morning or Friday, let me know. (I have to tutor Thursday afternoon so can't help there). -Kat

4/27/2005 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger tjmcardl said...

No, no, she's ok. She just overextended a muscle in her foot. She's fine now.

Thank you for the offer though!

-Tim

4/28/2005 07:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he....new revels. yeah they're a 'clickey' group of over-confident people who do revised shakespeare pieces. they're not freshman; just english majors (a common mistake). in-fact they even get funding from the english department, and they still produce inferior work when compared to us...i was actually in a rehearsal in lincoln and saw them running around in the halls in costume...
~~Dan

4/29/2005 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger tjmcardl said...

Yeah, that was kind of the impression I got of them. I couldn't believe that after I pointed out that they hadn't bothered to reserve the room (or even check if it was in use) they still proudly told me who they were.

-Tim

4/29/2005 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger kayote said...

"Revised" Shakespeare? Have they been watching too much Star Trek? IIRC the Klingons were impressed but Sulu was horrified at the..."updating" of the bard. :)

4/29/2005 07:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home