Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Computer Upgrades!

I finally got to make some hardware upgrades to my desktop computer last week, and with the upgrades came a much needed reformat of win2k. I got a Samsung dvd burner, both for data backup and to take the place of my Lite-on dvd reader which had recently decided it no longer wanted to read cdrs. I also got a new video card to replace my ATI Radeon 9500, a Leadtek Nvidia 6600GT.

The video card has really breathed new life into my system, Doom 3 now actually runs at a playable resolution and speed! And I can play Need for Speed Underground 2 at 1600 by 1200 with all of the video settings on high! However, Tamara is still a bit skeptical that the performance boost was really necessary for Starcraft. I went with the Leadtek because it seemed to be getting the best reviews and because I had such a great experience with my Leadtek TV tuner card. The only problem is that I now seem to be toeing the line of what my power supply can handle, it's become an interesting balancing act.

Other than that, passing the qual means I'm finally starting to get reintegrated into the lab, which is something I've been looking forward to very much. The wedding invitations went into the mail at the end of last week and we've already started to get responses back! If you're reading this and still haven't responded, then you should go do it now!

Go on, it's ok, I'll wait for you....

...well, hurry up...what do you mean you've lost it? It's right there!

..ok, where were we? Oh right, Tamara's Mom and youngest sister, Natasha, are here trying to get Tamara's dress finished. Well, more specifically Tamara and her mom are trying to get the dress finished and Natasha is trying to drive the cats crazy.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home