Tim and Tamara's Weblog

If you're reading this, you must be REALLY bored.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Man Down

I got an email today from Alex saying that one of our roommates from undergrad, Aaron Grant, committed suicide earlier this week. Needless to say, this was pretty shocking news.

I didn't actually know Aaron all that well. He first came into our group as a mid-season replacement freshmen year, taking the place of Jason's first (awful) roommate. And he and I shared an apartment senior year with Alex, Amit and Terumi, but since my senior year was really crazy I didn't actually hang out with him much.

Of all of us, Aaron was the most 'normal'. A rare combination of video game/computer geek and baseball fanatic. He was the one who always organized the softball games and the trips up to White Sox games. He always had at least one part time job and was constantly trying new ways to meet girls (but was a very dedicated boyfriend when he had the opportunity).

The wake is on Friday evening and the funeral on Saturday morning. Alex and Terumi are coming down and I'm going to meet them there, it's actually not that far from Kewanee.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home